The following terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with our Shipping and Returns Policies which can be found on this website.
By applying for and using your Loyalty Club account in store, you also consent to the collection, storage and use of your personal information.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Upon access to this website, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms described below and in other terms stated on this website. If you do not agree to the terms below, you should avoid placing any orders and exit the website.
PRICING, PROMOTIONS & PRODUCT RANGE
Prices, promotions and products may differ between Chemist Plus online and in store. Products presented on the website are not shown to scale unless stated otherwise. The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. All prices featured on the website are in New Zealand dollars and are New Zealand GST inclusive unless stated otherwise.
Given that some products may be removed from the website and we operate our physical store in alignment with our online store, every now and then some products presented on the website may not always be available. Chemist Plus Limited does not accept any liability for any direct or indirect harm, loss or damage arising as a result of changes in product availability. We will however, ensure every effort is made to keep our website up to date. For any products that are out of stock, we will do our very best to source the product for you as soon as possible.
Orders received by us will be validated before they can be accepted and dispatched. Please note all orders on this website will be billed in New Zealand dollars.
Chemist Plus Limited reserves the right to have their pharmacists employ professional judgement and prevent the supply of any medication(s) likely to pose harm to health. This includes but is not limited to, the supply of excessive unnecessary quantities of medications, particularly when the associated products are known to have abuse potential.
ROUTINE SECURITY CHECKS
Chemist Plus Limited reserves the right to perform security checks on any orders that may be of concern. This includes reserving the right to contact the purchaser of any orders made on our website to confirm any details associated with the order.
Additionally, Chemist Plus Limited reserves the right to cancel and refund any order that appears to be suspicious or fraudulent. This includes any orders where we have reasonable concerns regarding the legitimacy of the order.
PHARMACIST ONLY (RESTRICTED) MEDICINES
If you have purchased a pharmacist only medication, you must provide your full name, address and your phone number or an email address we can contact you on. Our pharmacists will need to ask you a few questions to ensure the medication is appropriate and safe for you to use. If we do not receive a reply, or if our pharmacists determine the medication is not suitable for you, we have the right to refuse the sale.
We aim to deliver customers up to date and reliable information, however we cannot guarantee that all the information on our website is up to date and accurate at all times. While we strive to keep ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee that these lists are complete, reliable, and up-to-date. Please refer to the ingredients list on the product packaging for the most accurate list of ingredients.
Chemist Plus Limited does not accept any liability for any harm, loss or damage which may have directly or indirectly resulted from the advice and information or omission of information whether negligent or otherwise contained on this website. We do not accept any responsibility for any actions taken as a result of the advice or information and other content seen on the website.
Any content presented on this website including any advice or information is for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for care and advice provided by your healthcare professional. No information on this website should be used for diagnosing a health condition. If you have any concerns about your health, always consult a healthcare professional. Consumers take all responsibility to inform themselves before using any of the products seen on the website.
All brand names, product and service names, titles and copyrights used on this website are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Chemist Plus Limited for their use by any person other than the respective holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
All content including graphics, text, and design arrangements on this website are the copyright of Chemist Plus Limited. Users are permitted to electronically copy or print portions of this website for personal use. Users are not permitted to use such content for commercial use. Any use of the content from this website without Chemist Plus Limited’s prior written consent is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
This website may include content provided by third parties. The advice and information provided by third parties are not necessarily those of Chemist Plus Limited.
This website may contain links to access third party websites that are not owned or operated by Chemist Plus Limited. We do not accept any responsibility for any content accessed on third party websites.
The terms and orders placed on this website are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand. If any part of the terms is deemed to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in effect.
MODIFICATIONS OF TERMS
Chemist Plus Limited reserves the right to modify these terms and any other terms on our website at any time without notice. We accept no responsibility or liability as a result of these changes.
Chemist Plus Limited respects the privacy of its customers and patients.
Personal information includes any data that can identify a user either directly or indirectly. Given the nature of Chemist Plus's business, this may include a person's health information.
Personal information will be collected directly from you. Your personal information may be used for permitted purposes, which includes but is not limited to purposes such as for sharing our promotional and advertising materials. We may disclose your personal information to customs and immigration, government and law enforcement agencies. The sharing of your personal information will be subject to all applicable legislation, including the Privacy Act 1993 and the Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
We will request and manage your personal information to facilitate the provision of services we offer. If you choose not to provide us with the personal information that we request or require, then we may not be able to offer our services and products to you.
All personal information from our customers will be securely stored in our database in New Zealand.
On every occasion that you access our services, you are confirming that all personal information supplied to us is accurate and up to date.
You are entitled to request access or correction to the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to request access or correction to your personal information that we hold, or if you have any questions or concerns in relation to your privacy, please contact us.
Health and other personal information
2. We collect and use the personal information that you provide to Chemist Plus. The personal information we may collect about you includes your name, address, date of birth, phone numbers, email address, and any other personal information you may provide as part of your engagement with Chemist Plus staff members.
Information we receive from other sources (including social media)
3. If you are a customer or patient of Chemist Plus, a Loyalty Club member or if you hold any customer account with us, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect personal information about you, either from you directly or from third parties if the information is publicly or commercially available (such as via social media platforms). This personal information will form part of our customer database and will be used by us for marketing and business development purposes in accordance with this Policy.
4. We may request and collect (from you or your representative) your 'health information' (as defined in the Health Information Privacy Code 1994). Such information includes but is not limited to information about your health requirements, your medical and treatment history, disabilities or accidents/injuries, contact with any health or disability service providers and information about donations of blood or organs. The collection of health information will be utilised to facilitate the provision of health services to you in order to fulfil your health care needs.
We may disclose your health information to third parties (such as medical service providers or laboratory testing facilities) to the extent permitted by law for the purpose of fulfilling your health care needs. On any occasion where you provide us with health information, you consent to Chemist Plus staff members using your health information in accordance with this Policy.
If you advise us that you do not want your health information disclosed to other entities then we will endeavour to fulfil your request to the full extent possible.
Serious medical circumstances and other occasions requiring collection or disclosure to third parties
5. We may collect and disclose your personal information (including sensitive details about your physical and/or mental health) to third party medical, safety and/or security personnel if we believe that the collection or disclosure of the information may lessen or prevent a serious threat to the health and safety of yourself and/or the public.
6. If you are a Loyalty Club member, the personal information you provide when joining the loyalty club or any other information provided in association with your membership will be collected and will be used by us for advertising, marketing and business development purposes in accordance with this Policy. We may collect personal information about you from third parties to assist in identifying suitable offers and promotions that you may be interested in.
Marketing promotions and surveys
7. If you enter a Chemist Plus competition, we will collect the personal information you provide as part of your entry. If you provide us with the names and contact details of any other people that you would like to have participate in our contests or promotions, we will also collect this information.
If you complete a survey conducted by Chemist Plus, the information provided in your survey answers, including your name if provided, will be collected.
Purposes of collecting your personal information
8. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for various purposes associated with service provision and marketing, including the following non-exhaustive list:
- to assist in providing the services you request or require;
- to conduct market, product or sales research, data processing and statistical analysis, and business improvement analysis;
- to better understand your preferences so that we can improve our products and services to you;
- to present you with information about suitable offers and promotions of goods and services (from us and our selected business partners) that might interest you;
- to present you with survey requests and to obtain feedback in respect of our products and services;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services and websites;
- to conduct the Loyalty Club programme;
- otherwise to conduct and develop our business; and
- any other use that you authorise.
9. If deemed necessary, a unique identifier may be allocated to you in order for us to carry out one or more of our business functions.
10. Unless you ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you acknowledge and agree that by providing us with your email address or phone/mobile number we and our third party business partners may send you electronic messages for the purposes set out in this Policy.
11. You have the right to ask us not to collect, use or disclose your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us or by unsubscribing to our marketing emails.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
12. We may disclose your personal information in the following situations (please note the following is a non-exhaustive list):
- to members of Chemist Plus;
- to authorised third party service providers to facilitate your specific requests or to assist us in providing products or services to you or improving our products or services;
- to governmental agencies, law enforcement agencies, safety and security personnel, if required to do so by law, court order, or other legal process or where we are requested to do so by an authorised governmental or law enforcement authority;
- to governmental, security, safety, law enforcement agencies and medical agencies if we believe in good faith that disclosure is desirable to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the health and safety of yourself and/or the public;
- to our professional advisers and business partners who support us in providing our products and services;
- our assignees or potential assignees;
- your nominated next of kin and/or general practitioner (if applicable to the services being provided to you); and
- emergency services (if applicable to the services being provided to you).
13. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we buy or sell any business assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- if all of Chemist Plus’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held about its customers will be one of those transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (to the extent not specified above) or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions.
Your obligations regarding the information you provide us about others
14. If you provide us with personal information about another person then you are responsible for ensuring you have authority to do so and that the person consents to our collection and use of their personal information as set out in this Policy. You must make that person aware that you have disclosed their personal information to us and that we will use their personal information in accordance with this Policy.
What happens if you choose not to provide us with your personal information?
15. If you choose not to provide us with the personal information that we request or require, then we may not be able to offer or continue our services and products to you.
16. If you do not provide us with the information we request or require, we may not be able to accept your membership application for our Loyalty Club, or continue your membership, or your entry into a promotion. We may not be able to provide you with Loyalty Club member benefits.
17. If you choose to limit the amount of personal information that can be collected by us from your computer, mobile or other device, you can do this by restricting cookies on your computer or device. However, this may significantly reduce the functionality of our websites and we may not be able to process your online requests or services.
Access to and correction of your personal information
18. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you are entitled to request access or correction to the personal information held by us. You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. We will respond to any such requests as required by law.
19. Where applicable, we may charge a fee for responding to a request for access to and/or disclosure of personal information.
20. If you would like to contact us about anything in this Policy, including requests for access or correction to your personal information, enquiries, complaints, or questions about our handling of your personal information, please contact us.
21. We will take reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. However, you acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the security of any online accounts you have with us and the security of your electronic device(s). You acknowledge that the internet is inherently insecure. In sharing your personal information with us, you accept the risk that any information stored or transmitted on the internet or through email or any other digital channel may be intercepted or subject to unauthorised access or fraudulent behaviour by any other party.
22. We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to carry out the purpose for which the information was collected, subject to the Health (Retention of Health Information) Regulations 1996.
23. To protect your own privacy, you should not share your Loyalty Club or any other account details including password information, mobile device passcodes, passwords or access codes with others including third party information aggregators, as the sharing of these details could enable others to access your personal account information on our websites.
Links to other websites
24. Chemist Plus may provide links to other related websites for your ease and convenience. These websites may have different security standards and privacy policies. We recommend that you read the privacy policies for these websites before deciding whether to divulge information to these websites. We are not responsible for the information you choose to divulge to these websites.
25. We will make changes to this Policy from time to time. When we make changes, we will update the Policy on our website and those changes will be effective immediately thereafter.
LOYALTY CLUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- No points for sale and clearance items
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for prescriptions
- Vouchers expire 2 months from date of issue